Hello Games and 505 Games have announced that No Man’s Sky NEXT will launch as a free update to PlayStation 4 and PC, as well as on Xbox One for the first time.
Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games said:
“Nearly two years ago our small team of friends, with a shared love of sci-fi, opened up the universe of No Man’s Sky for the first time. It was an innovative, weird and at times lonely game. I loved that, it reminded me of the science fiction books I grew up with. It was broad in a way that almost no other game is, but with four updates it has become broader and so much deeper too.
That will be even more true with the launch of NEXT, bringing a full Multiplayer experience. We can’t wait for you to play.”
You can read below the brand-new features coming with the free No Man’s Sky NEXT update:
- Team up a small team of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
- You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
- Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
- Character customization allows you to personalize your appearance.
- The game is fully playable in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship.
- Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
- Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
- Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.
Unlimited Base Building
- Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
- Dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits.
- Hundreds of new base parts.
- Own multiple bases.
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
- Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
- Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge.
The developer also said that there will be even more updates in the future for No Man’s Sky.
No Man’s Sky NEXT Free update will launch on PlayStation 4 and PC on Tuesday, 24th July 2018. The Xbox One version of the game will release for the first time on the same day and it will receive the NEXT update for free.