Conan Exiles is an open-world survival game set in the brutal lands of Conan the Barbarian. The game is a work in progress which is developed and published by Funcom. It has been released Early 2017 on PC via Steam Early Access and it made its way this week on Xbox One consoles via Xbox Game Preview Program.
Players should survive in the hostile world of the game, they can build their Kingdom and dominate their enemies in both single-player and multiplayer modes.
- Explore a Vast World: Explore a giant world, from the burning desert in the south, to the snow-capped mountains in the north. Discover ancient cultures, ruins, and dungeons!
- Survive: Stay warm, cool yourself down, drink and eat, weather scouring sandstorms, save your mind from being corrupted and going insane, and battle vicious monsters to stay alive!
- Build: Harvest resources to craft tools and weapons, then build everything from a small home to entire cities. Build walls, traps, and deck out your creations with a wide variety of different furniture, crafting stations, NPC guards, and more.
- Dominate: Wage war against your enemies, use siege weapons and explosives and see their walls crumble to dust, then unleash your savage fury in violent and brutal combat!
- Build an Army of Thralls: Capture NPCs and use the Wheel of Pain to break their will. Turn them into archers, crafters, entertainers, and more.
- Become a God: Sacrifice your enemies on the altar of your god then summon and take control of their huge, towering avatar. Crush enemies and entire buildings under your avatar’s feet!
- Play Together or Alone: Play alone locally or fight for survival and dominance in persistent multiplayer on public servers. You can also host your own server and invite others to join you.
The Xbox One version also includes the New Expansion Update: The Frozen North. The Frozen North is a huge update and greatly expands the game map (by around 70%), adds hundreds of new items, tons of new enemies, two new dungeons, cooking and brewing and much more. It also improves combat, human NPC artificial intelligence and makes survival harsher with the new temperature system.
Key Features of The Frozen North Expansion Update:
- A Huge, New Land: Climb towering mountains, explore deep forests, fight your way through massive new dungeons, and discover new people, cultures, and settlements.
- Weather and Temperature: Rain, snow, and the burning sun takes its toll. Make sure you dress for the weather to stay cool or warm.
- New Buildings and Resources: Harvest new resources such as star metal, black ice, and more. Build new homes and entire cities with all new building pieces and furniture.
- New Religion and Avatar: Dedicate your work and worship to Ymir, the Lord of Storm and War. Summon his avatar and use his giant battle-axe to crush your enemies!
- Brewing and Cooking: These two new crafting systems lets you brew different drinks and cook up a variety of juicy meals. You can even trap fish and practice beekeeping!
You can watch the Conan Exiles E3 teaser for Xbox One below:
You can also watch the First Xbox One Gameplay Stream of the game from the developers below:
Funcom is working closely with the community to track down issues and glitches and they will be supporting the game with new updates and content. Funcom’s target is to release the full game of Conan Exiles on Q1 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms.